This smoothie is perfect to have after a really sweaty workout or after a long day in the sun! Pineapples and cucumbers are both extremely high in water content, so adding them to a smoothie is not only delicious, but super hydrating! Pineapple is also a great digestive aid because of its powerful enzymes. In a study run by the Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology, researchers discovered that drinking pineapple juice led to the dissolution of undigested food in the stomach. This is great for people who suffer from poor gut motility and digestive issues (like moi)! As for cucumbers, they are anti-inflammatory, alkalizing, and rich in Vitamin A & C!
COOLING PINEAPPLE CUCUMBER SMOOTHIE:
Makes 1 smoothie
- 1 cup of frozen cubed pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (I use Aroy-D Coconut Milk)
- 2 scoops of collagen (I use Organika Enhanced Collagen)
- Handful of baby kale
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a glass and add a slice of cucumber to the rim to feel fancy.