This is my favourite smoothie bowl at the moment! It seriously tastes like chocolate ice cream, minus the dairy and all the unnecessary sugar. When I tell people that I add cauliflower to my smoothies, they usually give me a confused look. Honestly, I was unsure about it myself- until I tried it and now I’m never going back. You can’t even taste the cauliflower, and it makes your smoothie bowls the perfect consistency for using a spoon!
I would probably eat this everyday if I could, but I try to rotate my food every three days so that my body doesn’t develop any more food intolerances than I already have!
CHOCOLATE CAULIFLOWER SMOOTHIE BOWL:
Makes 1 smoothie bowl
- 1 cup of cauliflower (steamed and then frozen)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (I use Aroy-D Coconut Milk)
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder (or carob powder for AIP)
- 2 scoops of collagen (I use Organika Enhanced Collagen)
- Toppings: raspberries, Barnana Original Chewy Bites, Go Raw Sprouted Watermelon Seeds, cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to pulse a few times at the beginning to break down the frozen cauliflower.
- If the smoothie is too thick, try adding a little water. Be careful not to add too much or it will lose it’s consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings!